226ers

Thursday 12 September 2013

CRISTIAN COFINE FOUND HIS PASSION INSPITE OF ADVERSARY



Young up and coming triathlete, Cristine Cofine (22) has had a difficult start to the 2013 season.

First, a persistent knee injury prevented him from racing his first XTERRA.

In the end, he had to settle for a team entry, completing only the bike leg in XTERRA Cieza.

Finally, he had his first taste of the race in XTERRA Berga.  

What was this experience like? 
It was an awesome moment to finally have made it to the start-line of an XTERRA! I was still a bit concerned about my knee, but once in the race, I was only focusing on the enjoyment of it. It was tough, but I loved the bike course! 
 
How was XTERRA different from the triathlons you have been doing?
Definitely much more difficult and more challenging. However, this is what makes XTERRA such an awesome experience. I absolutely love XTERRA! I know I have found my passion. I wish I could enter and race ALL XTERRA races! 
 
You have just come back from racing XTERRA Germany. This was your first XTERRA that you raced in the professional division. At 22, you were also the youngest in the professional line up. How did it feel to compete against veterans such as Ruben Ruzafa and Ben Allen? 
 
To be honest, I did not give it much thought at the time. I had much bigger issues to deal with! 
 
What happened?
My bike, my bike as well as my running shoes and helmet did not arrive in Germany in time for the race! You have no idea how much panic this causes! I was really looking forward to race XTERRA Germany. I was not going to turn around because of my misfortune.
 
Fortunately, the organisers came to the rescue. They organized me a bike, shoes and a helmet, which enabled me to race. But this solution was far from perfect. Of course, the bike was not according to my normal settings, and both the bike and running shoes were one size too big for me!
In the end, you finished in 19th position. What was your biggest challenge in the race? 
Trying to race on someone else’s bike and in someone else’s shoes! Nothing really worked according to plan! However, in spite of all of this, I really enjoyed the race. The bike course is awesome. 
 
What is next for Cristian Cofine? 
I’m soon to travel to England. I was fortunate to have found a job there. This gives me an opportunity to train and race in England for the rest of the season. Of course, I’ll be back in Spain to race more XTERRA! 
Will you encourage other triathletes to race XTERRA?
Absolutely! If you don’t try XTERRA, you’ll miss out on an incredible experience and a great adventure! There is just no comparison! I’ll definitely be back next year to race XTERRA National Championships in Cieza! I hope to see more Spanish athletes on the start-line!

XTERRA SPAIN SUPPORTS CRISTIAN COFINE’S CAREER IN EVERY STEP OF THE WAY

THIS IS XTERRA

No comments:

Post a Comment