226ers

Tuesday 6 August 2013

AGUSTI ROC - RACING XTERRA WAS A DREAM COME TRUE



Agusti Roc has finally had the opportunity to race XTERRA! He not only raced the XTERRA National Championships in Cieza, but he also raced XTERRA Berga. Here is what Augsti says about his experience: 

What was it like to race XTERRA? 
It was dream come true! For many years I‘ve known about XTERRA and I always wanted to participate in an XTERRA race. I was filled with great excitement when I finally had the opportunity here in Spain to race XTERRA! It was tough, but an unforgettable experience! 

In future, will you race XTERRA again? 
I wish to make some of the other XTERRA races in Europe but it will be hard to get there. But I hope to compete next year again in Cieza and Berga. 

How will you change your training program to prepare for a tough race like XTERRA? 
My main challenge is the swimming. I only really started swim training since March this year.  I'm no swimmer and no triathlete either, so it's all new to me. Of course, I also have to train more mountain bike. XTERRA is a tough race that requires skills in all three disciplines. But this won’t stop me from trying again! 

Perhaps Agusti must consider enrolling in our training camp for XTERRA specific skills. 

Watch this space for more news on XTERRA training camps 2014!



This is XTERRA

No comments:

Post a Comment