226ers

Friday 4 October 2013

GERMAN IRONMAN TURNS INTO XTERRA FANATIC


Stefan Marinari (50+) is a seasoned Ironman. He has completed seven Ironman races (three Full Ironman and four Half Ironman, including Ironman Lanzarote). Actually, his passion for Ironman has taken him halfway around the world already – from Germany to Malaysia and finally ended up with him racing Ironman 70.3 South Africa in 2008.

But earlier this year, everything changed for the German athlete when he discovered XTERRA.

Now he is simply hooked on the race and a total XTERRA convert!

Tell us more about racing your first XTERRA?
I raced my first XTERRA here in Cieza earlier this year. It was an amazing experience! XTERRA is definitely my first love now. Next year, I am back in Cieza for my second XTERRA! I have already signed up for XTERRA Spain 2014!

How is training for XTERRA different from training for Ironman?
The training for XTERRA is not so boring. It is much more action, more fun, definitely harder, but shorter and this is the experience for me.

What is your goal for XTERRA Spain 2014?
Of course, next year I want to go faster! This year, I trained hard, but fell ill three weeks before the race. I feel I didn’t do as well as I wanted to. I finished, but nothing more. I finished in 4h15 min, but I’m positive that I can go faster and cross the finish line in 3h50 min. Well, that’s what I’m going to aim for!

Give your overall impression of XTERRA Spain circuit?
XTERRA Cieza is the toughest race I have ever done, but one of the best in the world. So hilly, so hard - a fantastic swim leg, a fantastic bike leg, but the running course ----- simply incredible!!!! Fantastic views! I love this race! What’s more, it’s only 65 km from the place where I live. Directly in the neighbourhood for me!

What about the future?
For sure, in future I want to race more XTERRA. I like the idea of racing XTERRA Italy and also XTERRA Guam/USA. However, my dream is to get a slot for Maui, but I think I am too slow for this idea!! Because I like red wine, Scotch whisky, German beer and Spanish Tapas, that’s my problem!


XTERRA Spain WELCOMES STEPHEN MARINARI TO THE XTERRA FAMILY


THIS IS XTERRA
LIVE MORE/ VIVE MAS
www.xterraspain.com
www.xterraspaintour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment