226ers

Wednesday 13 November 2013

RUBEN RUZAFA ON BEING WORLD CHAMPION AND THE FUTURE


After the excitement and hype from your win in Maui have slowed down somewhat, how does it feel to be the XTERRA World Champion 2013? 
It feels great! The last three weeks have been really exciting and emotive, not only after the Worlds but also before, since I felt a lot of support. The victory has had a great impact in the media, so I must thank everyone who has helped to make it possible. Also, a lot of people followed the race on-line, enjoying and celebrating my victory. Afterwards they sent me their congratulations... It has been very special!
 


How important is rest and recovery to you after a long and hard season of training and competing at top level? 
It´s very important! When you spend a lot of time training every day, your mind and your body end up feeling really tired. You must take time off, rest during the season, but a proper recovery period after the last competition is the most important. Now I am trying to "switch off", do things I couldn’t do during the season and starting to plan next year.


How important is the XTERRA presence here in Spain? 
I believe that having XTERRA in Spain is great! XTERRA is another way of understanding triathlon. You're in nature, at spectacular places and living an adventure. This spirit is part of the Spanish athletes, so a lot of people will enjoy taking part in XTERRA; swimmers, bikers, runners... anyone who likes outdoor sports.

I am really happy to hear that the XTERRA series is growing in Spain. It´s important to bring people from around Spain to experiment XTERRA's philosophy, VIVE MAS/LIVE MORE!


As XTERRA Spain National Champion and XTERRA World Champion there is a lot of pressure on you to defend your titles next year. What are your plans for 2014 racing season? 
The pressure is as much as I want it to be. To me the most important thing is to enjoy what I´m doing, if I'm happy, the results will follow. For next season I want to focus on XTERRA races and some middle distance triathlons. XTERRA Spain, ITU Cross Triathlon Worlds, XTERRA US and XTERRA World Championship are set in my calendar. Right now, I rest and enjoy the simple pleasures in life.

THIS IS XTERRA
VIVE MAS/LIVE MORE


 

No comments:

Post a Comment