226ers

Wednesday 26 February 2014

RUBEN RUZAFA – THE CHAMPION IS BACK!


No one feels more proud to be racing XTERRA Spain 2014 than the defending champion himself.

Rubén Ruzafa made his come back to XTERRA last year, showing that he was forced to be reckoned with by beating the best and clinching the title in a strategic race. The year ended on a high note for this supreme athlete when he was crowned XTERRA World Champion 2013 in Maui, Hawaii. We asked the defending champion, who is already hard at training, to tell us more about his plans for the 2014 race season.


How you are feeling about this opportunity to defend your title as XTERRA Spain Champion in Cieza?
Of course, I’m feeling very proud and honoured to be back. During the winter I have been training with one goal in mind: to improve my technique and performance in swimming and running. So far, I’m happy with the changes. No doubt, an improvement in my swimming will impact positively on my bike and running, and my overall results.


Where are you training in this moment?
I am training in Rincón de la Victoria. Life, and the weather here is fantastic all year round! Besides, I have everything I need for developing and building my maximum performance.

Your special message to other age group athletes who want to race XTERRA but feel hesitant because they think the race is too hard…

Of course! I encourage everyone to compete in XTERRA! XTERRA brings a great personal challenge on both the physical as well as the mental level. Yes, XTERRA races are tough but the atmosphere is fantastic. As an added bonus, it offers the opportunity to enjoy nature and feel part of the XTERRA family. To my mind, these are the factors that make XTERRA races such an unbelievable experience.


Your training tips for the first time XTERRA athlete?
Pre-ride the tracks and adjust your training accordingly. Remain calm during the race with the goal to finish and enjoy the race. XTERRA is an adventure; you never know what’s going to happen around the corner. This is what makes XTERRA such fun!


Join THE CHAMPION in Cieza, Saturday, 24 May 2014
Let’s have fun together!
See you there! 

THIS IS XTERRA
LIVE MORE / VIVE MAS

No comments:

Post a Comment