226ers

Thursday 20 March 2014

ROGER SERRANO GOES TO AUSTRALIA ( with Video)

A year ago Roger Serrano approached XTERRA for an opportunity to race XTERRA Spain.

In a passionate email to the management, who was still based in South Africa at the time, he introduced himself and said:

“I am the Spanish Triathlon Cross champion 2012. I want to race XTERRA.”

It turned out that racing XTERRA Spain 2013 was a life changing experience for the talented young athlete from Tarragona.



Now, in two days’ time he is boarding the plane to join Ben Allen, his new XTERRA friend in Australia.

Ben invited Roger to join him on the XTERRA Asia Pacific championships, a dream come true for Roger. 


But first, the two friends are going to join forces in racing XTERRA Australia, as friends as well as opponents.


Here, Roger tells us about his new passion for XTERRA.

How did XTERRA change your life?
In every way! It has given me a profession. XTERRA is my job now. It has expanded my horizons.

As a professional, I travel around the world to compete in the different XTERRA races. It is very exciting, but I also feel scared. This will be the first time for me to travel so far outside of Spain. Now I must remember the two most important things: my passport and my bicycle (in a box)!)


How has your training program changed?
Now I am training much harder than what I’ve ever done before.

I did not think that training as a professional will be such hard work. After the first two weeks of my training, I was ready to quit. Every night, my legs were burning from tiredness. My life was only training, eating and sleeping. But after the initial two weeks, I was feeling better. Now, I’m fitter and stronger than ever before. With the help of my coach, I’m totally prepared for the challenges ahead
.


What makes XTERRA different?

You cannot compare XTERRA with triathlon cross or other races. When you race XTERRA, you feel part of a big family. The other competitors are still your friends. In other races, the competitors want to eat you alive. The atmosphere of XTERRA is very different. Your opponent will also stop to help you. This is what makes this race unique. 


Also, the XTERRA Spain management has really helped and supported me a lot in my career with opportunities and great advice. To me, this shows that they really care about the athlete more and not just the money. 


Will you be back to race XTERRA Spain and XTERRA Madrid?

Of course!  I’m back from the Asia Pacific Tour the beginning of May. I’ll take one week to rest and then start training for XTERRA Spain on the 24th May. 


I want to see the athletes from all the regions in Spain to join me in the XTERRA adventure. It will change your life, I promise!





JOIN ROGER SERRANO IN THE XTERRA ADVENTURE

XTERRA changes lives

XTERRA changes people!

ENTER NOW AND CHANGE YOUR LIFE! 

VIVE MAS/LIVE MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment