226ers

Tuesday 8 April 2014

XTERRA ROOKIES – WEEK OF PAIN AND COURAGE (with video)


XTERRA Rookies Oscar and Llátzer were faced with one of their toughest challenges yet since they started on their journey five weeks ago to get fit for XTERRA Spain Championships.

This was the challenge of mind over the body.

After Llátzer’s disastrous accident on the bike, which left him with a broken collar bone, everything has changed in the Rookie camp.

Llatzer had to undergo a three hour operation to repair the damage to his collar bone – complete with a stainless plate and 6 screws!


The first couple of nights after the operation were filled with pain.
But after the fourth day, his fighting spirit was back again.
His friend Oscar has nothing but admiration for his friend.
“Llátzer is a very strong man... both mentally and physically. He’s amazing!”



Oscar has had to face a challenge of his own.
Would he be able to stay motivated to keep training without his friend and training partner?
“It has been a tough week for me. Llatzer's injury has really hit me hard.
I struggled hard to keep motivated. In the end I realized my biggest struggle was in my mind.
Finding excuses are easy but excuses won’t help me cross the finish line.
I made a decision to get back into training, no matter what.
Bottom line: Llátzer and I need to overcome our setbacks, and stay focused.”

The good news: while Llátzer is recovering, Oscar is fighting back bravely.
He wants to offer a great race to his best friend and partner Llàtzer!

Watch them fighting their way back to victory – each in their own way.



NEVER GIVE UP! 

THIS IS XTERRA
VIVE MAS/LIVE MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment