226ers

Tuesday 1 April 2014

ROGER SERRANO – MAKING WAVES IN XTERRA AUSTRALIA


Roger Serrano was never going to go unnoticed in Australia.
Everybody took notice of the bearded Spaniard with his toned and fit physique.
Truth is Roger Serrano was already a hit before the start of the race.
His second position behind Ben Allen, the local Aussie favourite, clinched the deal for Roger.
Socializing and racing with his friends Ben and Jacqui Slack has made the ordeal of the long journey all worth his while, says Roger. 


We asked Roger to tell us more about the race – the race between Roger Serrano and Ben Allen.

The swim:
Ben knows the circuit well. He’s also an excellent swimmer and was first out of the water.

Ben ran fast on the sand but I decided to keep calm and push a little harder in the first 5 minutes on the bike.

It’s easier for me this way. 




The bike:
The bike circuit is flat and not technical at all. Once I caught up with Ben on the bike we stayed together.

I was extremely focused and a little scared. It’s a long way to Australia so I preferred to slow down before crashing! I finished 30 seconds faster on the bike than Ben. 




The run:
After the bike I was feeling strong.

However, running on the sand was a new experience, which caused some pain in my legs.

I decided to slow down, just in case----

I started to feel the heat, especially in the last stretch where there were no water tables…. 




The finish:
I’m feeling satisfied. I didn’t have my best race so that means I can go faster! 



The Australian experience:
I’m enjoying the experience thoroughly!!

I’ve even tasted some kangaroo meat! 



Message to XTERRA athletes:
XTERRA Spain is soon on 24th May. Keep training because Roger and Ben will arrive stronger than ever!!

THIS IS XTERRA
LIVE MORE / VIVE MAS




No comments:

Post a Comment